1. Example of a Syllabus Wall Chart, for Primary Year One. To come
2. Checklist for literacy. What it helps to know in learning to read and spell. Sometimes even adults are held up by some simple gap, such as 'There are only 26 letters? I thought there were thousands!’ Black-and-white checklist.
3. Online individual video or DVD, ‘Help yourself to read and spell, or find out where you got stuck’. Download and copy what you like from www.ozreadandspell.com.au
4. The 'Cheer Up' Silent Reading Test To come
5.An Ultimate Comprehension Test To come
6.Dyslexia Phobia Test
7.A Phonics Skills Test, with a Beautiful Princess To come
8a. A Spelling ABC which is different from a Spelling Bee. To come
8b.Answers to the Spelling ABC
9.Exploring Spelling Structure To come
10.The Sixteen Word Spelling Test
Tests for teachers to use
1 A Literacy Test for Books in Primary School To come
2. Test the Print and Pictures in Learners' Books To come
3. A Reading Phobia test - A child may not be dyslexic To come
4. What is the Message of the Book? To come
5. Classroom barriers to literacy. Clear your classroom from common barriers.
1. The tremendous motivation of success
2. Public reward plays its part, when it does not mean invidious distinctions and helpless envy. Gold and silver stars can work better than ‘elephant stamps’ to make a student’s best work glow in the student’s own eyes.
Term Progress certificates for everyone who has made progress, with gold stars for remarkable progress.
Annual Progress prizes for everyone in something that they have made progress in. No-one to miss out. In my children’s school there were Progress Prizes –for swimming. Recommended prizes – books the children can choose themselves, plus certificates.